Friday, July 8, 2011

Let's Swap!

I have been meaning to post this one for quite some time now. Actually, I think it might have been what pushed me over the edge to start blogging. (Yes, what I am about to write about is that cool!)



There are many things in life that I love, but this event may possibly go into the book of all time favorites for me. Are you ready for it....? Jacob's Cave Animal Swap Meet! Don't let the name discourage you. This is a place for fun and adventure. It is culturally awakening as well.







(In case you are wondering, yes, those are car seat benches on the trailer being pulled behind the four-wheeler. This was not the only one of it's kind either!)


So what is it? It is a swap meet, that has animals and other really old and cool stuff! It is held 3 times per year in Versailles, Missouri at Jacob's Cave. There is SO much stuff here it is incredible. There is over 5 miles of vendors. When we went it was about 102 degrees outside and we were not able to make it to all the vendors, but no worries, I will be going back in the fall. It is already in my date book!







There are vendors that are selling anything and everything. I found some really cool stuff. At least I think that it is cool stuff. Here is one of the cool things I decided to take home. I will leave you hanging for the other lovelies. I plan on revealing them with room make overs, so keep checking back!

Mason Jars of course (love the blue glass).




An old tool box crate, that will be making an appearance quite soon I hope. I will tease you with the fact that it goes with a DIY project. (I hope you are sitting on the edge of your chair now with anticipation!)


This little man was so sweet, the dog he is holding is named Moon-Whisperer. Also, he worked my camera. Every time I would have my camera to my eye he would strike a pose with that pooch! ADORABLE!
This little girl was working her way to be the next Carrie Underwood. Note the box at her feet, she said she would take a tip!


Though I love all the treasures that I found on this hunt the best part was spending time with my family and friends. This swap meet is about 3 miles from my parents lake house. So, I was able to spend time with my parents AND my best friend from high school and her husband came too! It was great to spend time with great friends. It makes my heart hurt to be away from them all the way in Oklahoma! However, we will always have the swap meet!



Tell me about your finds? Where do you find your treasures?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Sara... come and visit me....Maybe you would like some of my "treasures"

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are my treasure and my friend. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete