Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Hiatus

So, it has been too long right?

Truth be told the last 4 weeks of my life have been quite the whirlwind. It always seems that when it rains it pours both in the good and the bad. So with that let me give you a break down of my life over the last month.

Trent and I went on vacation while he had a break in school (Me, I still had a final I was finishing up during our two week vacation, but my school is via internet so it is always nice to see other places while working on school). We started off going to Trent's parents house for a few days, Haywood became a star there at the Dog Days of Summer dog show. He won best overall! As well as many other ribbons for the day. Could a mama get any more proud? I don't think so! While there we had a wedding in Fayeteville, AR. It was beautiful wedding! Congratulations Kayla and Jeremiah! Right after the wedding, Trent I and Trent's parents and sisters began our "actual" vacation to Colorado. We drove a good portion of the night and made it to Pagosa Spring, CO by about dinner time the next day. Believe me we were all ready to get out of the car!

The reward of arriving there was fantastic! It is so gorgeous there. The mountains go on and on and the trees and grass are all so green. Quite the contrast from our flat and brown, drought ridden Oklahoma. The weather was amazing as well. There was a high of 86 degrees F and then in the mornings we would wake up and it would be in 40's. Amazing! The place we stayed was Bruce Spruce Ranch. The cabin we stayed in was a great little one room with a wood stove to keep the place warm. Very reasonably priced as well. Less than $300 for T and I to stay there all week. We fished some, I caught one and only, but I call that a success for me and fishing. Trent's dad, sisters, Trent and I all went ATVing up into the mountains and it was so much fun! One night we went to the hot spring in Pagosa. The rest of the time we spent reading, sleeping or taking walks. Which is not a complaint by any means. I loved it! While we were there, there was a antique fair, which sealed the deal on the vacation for me. I got a dough bowl, which I had been pining after for months now. It is great and sits on the table with lavender in it. I will add pictures of all this stuff on another day.

After our journey back to Oklahoma, we quickly did laundry and packed back up to head to Kansas City, MO. I have a very close family member who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and she was in the hospital after a surgery. She was diagnosed with Papillary Serous Carcinoma, a form of cervical cancer. After spending four days with her and my family, life necessitated that we head back to Oklahoma once again. It is hard being torn between to places when such troubling things are happening, but life has to go on and a paycheck must come in. If only we could live off love, we would be rich!

Oh I forgot to mention that during this time I took a final exam and wrote a 12 page paper for my pharmacology class. I proudly announce that I passed that Pharmacology class! PRAISE JESUS!

When we got back, we of course had two weeks of catch up to play. Bills, house work, yard work, and laundry (AGAIN!). I of course had to go back to work, but I am in a different area right now. The nursery is great. It is offering a whole different type of skills set that I never thought I would experience so it is good! Helping babies make their big debut into the world is never a bad thing!

Now, school started up again. I had one week off. The blessing is that the sooner I get started with this year the sooner it will be over. Then I don't ever have to go back to school ever again if I don't want to. :) Trent also started school this week. I am so proud of my half doc! Only 2 more years left and D.D.S. with trail his name for the rest of time!

So that is the short story of the last 4 weeks of my life. I will post again with some projects. I have quite a few up my sleeve, I just need to get settled into the semester. I also will try and post pictures from our Colorado pictures. I would bank that those go up before a new project does.

I pray that you all be well and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment